The Indian Army is one of the best military force of the World. Indian Armed forces consists of three professional uniformed services.
1. INDIAN ARMY
3. INDIAN AIRFORCE
These forces are respected, adored for their valor and sense of duty by the entire nation. Many of us would like to know about their great contribution to the civilians life. But here are some few facts which will increase your respect for the Indian military.
Check out my list of some interesting facts about Indian Army that will make you respect them even more.
1. The Indo-Pak war of 1971 came to end with the surrender of 93,000(app.) Combatants and official of the Pakistan Army.
2. In the early 1970, and In Late 1990’s. India covertly tested it’s nuclear power without CIA even knowing what was happening and till date it is considered to be one of the CIA’ s biggest failure.
3.India controls the highest battlefield in the world i.e The Siachen Glacier, at 5000 mts. above sea level.
4. Indian has biggest “Voluntary army” in the world.
5. The Indian Army build the highest bridge in the world i.e The Bailey Bridge which is located in Ladakh valley b/w Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayan mountains. It was built by the Army in August 1982.
6. There are only three Cavalry regiments in the whole world and Indian forces are one of these.
7. The Indian Army is one of the biggest troop contributes to the United Nations (UN) Peacekeeping operations.
Quotes on Indian Army
”I wonder whether those of our political masters who have been put in charge of the defence of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla, although a great many resemble the latter.”-Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
“If death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death” – Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey
Indian Army is the biggest volunteer army in the world.